There have been many times when I have wondered why I was here on earth, especially in my times of failure.
Often failure can lead us to believe that our existence here on earth is a waste of time.
But when you understand that regardless of your circumstance, God has created you for a purpose, you will learn to press past tough situations and overcome the mistakes that can hinder you from discovering your purpose.
For many women, we often base our purpose on who we are with, how we feel, or our strengths. While some of these things can help us to discover our purpose, our ultimate Indicator and standard for getting a clear sense of our purpose is God.
He will give us direction and guidance for discovering our purpose if we seek Him.
However, there are some mistakes that can hinder from discovering and walking out our purpose if we’re not careful.
These mistakes include:
• Not understanding or receiving God’s unconditional love for us. It’s important to know that God loves you unconditionally. So many times we base God’s love for us on our earthly relationships or current circumstances. But God loves you on a bad hair day, whether you can fit your clothes correctly or not, or even if you just broke your brand new stiletto! He still loves you — no strings attached. This is important to understand.
• Not being grateful for the blessings God has already provided for you. When you learn to appreciate the blessings God has already given you, it lays the foundation for Him to give you more guidance, direction and resources to help you fulfill your purpose.
• Not hearing God’s voice. Hearing God’s voice is key to getting clear direction for discovering your purpose. If you can’t hear God’s voice, you will hear voices that take you off track from your purpose. It’s so important to recognize God’s voice and decipher between His voice, your voice, and the devil’s voice.
All of the above items require you have a genuine relationship with God. However, when you don’t have this relationship in its proper perspective, you will miss God’s heart and mind. Ultimately, this could cause you to miss God’s plan for your life and never discover your purpose.
Do your part to find your purpose by:
• Understanding and receiving God’s love for you
• Becoming grateful for what you already have
• Learning to hear God’s voice
Tiffany Godfrey is a life purpose and relationship coach for women.
She is the author of the new book, “Help, I’m Stuck! 10 Mistakes Christian Women Make When Pursuing Purpose